I've Moved!

Now you can find me at kungpowhausfrau.com.
Come and visit me there for the newest posts!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Puddle Jumping, and This Week's Menu

December in Oregon is has nothing to do with the weather itself but rather the attitude of the person in it. Case in point: We've been getting amazing amounts of precipitation this month--magnitudes that I have never seen since we moved here almost ten years ago. There is a lot of lowland flooding, and the Tualatin River is astonishingly high.

Naturally, the rain is cold and wet, which makes certain people pretty miserable. And I admit, flooding makes people miserable. And achy joints makes people miserable. I get it.

But sometimes you've got to turn the drawback into a strength. Rain makes puddles. When was the last time you did some unabashed puddle-jumping? The Husband and I took advantage of some kid-free time last weekend and ventured out into Tryon Creek State Park. We hiked a short-ish loop and I got to field test my birthday present: a pair of (snow?) boots that are great for marching through puddles without caring about my feet turning cold and wet.

boots in mud

We stomped in puddles like a pair of hyper kids. We hid in tree stumps. 

Gnome

We had fun.

We're dorks.

Monday, Monday, back to the grind. I've got a week's worth of dinners planned out, and here they are:


This Week's Menu

Monday: Gyoza and stir-fried veggies with yakisoba noodles
Tuesday: Cajun Chicken Pasta and salad
Wednesday: Beef Roast with veggies and potatoes
Friday: Egg Salad Sandwiches
Saturday: The Husband's company Christmas Party!

Have fun out there in the wild weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment