I've Moved!

Now you can find me at kungpowhausfrau.com.
Come and visit me there for the newest posts!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Miscellany Regarding Current Life

Here's a picture of my roses, as promised:

My Roses

Roses aren't something I would have chosen to plant, as I am super-practical and I'm not feeding my family roses, but darn those are pretty.

Husband installed an over-the-range microwave today. It took him six hours. At one point I asked him alarmedly, "Did you just start a fire in the wall?!?" But in the end it turned out alright, and now I have a microwave to use! Now I just hope it doesn't, you know, fall out of the wall.

The weather's been great here and we've spent a LOT of time outside weeding the yard. That's our recreation. Weeding. It's fun and therapeutic. We aspire to have a food-producing garden, but we're sticking to weeding for right now. It's really hard to screw up weeding. I did buy some herb starts at the store today, but now I have no idea what to do with them. I'm scared to do anything, lest I kill them. I'm petrified, people. PETRIFIED OF GROWING PLANTS.

I'll get over it. ;)

Munchkin is still irrationally cranky. Can't tell if it's toddlerhood or the move or teeth or just because she wants to make hell. I don't know if it matters, because I can't change any of it. Going outside usually helps, and I will gladly oblige.

I used my new (used) washer and dryer for the first time yesterday and opened up the washer to find that I left a giant permanent marker in my apron pocket and ruined a whole bunch of white clothes, including Munchkin's awesome white sweatshirt that we got from Nicole. :( Craptastic! On the plus side, the washer and dryer actually work really well without added markers.

I've been feeling really here-and-there, this-and-that lately. Not in a hypomania kind of way, but just because there are so many little random things to do and take care of and I don't feel settled. I hope this soon passes.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry to hear your clothes were ruined! I hate that :( I always get so upset with myself when I ruin things. RIP white sweater!

    Whenever you're feeling up to it, we'd love to stop by and see your new place! Ciara has a lingering slight cough - pretty sure she's not contagious, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses are lovely. The house even more so. :) Take it easy with the yard, work on a plan of action, grow your soil for awhile. Plant those herbs just about anywhere. If ya kill'em ya kill'em. Life goes on. Well, not their life but you know...It's a learning experience. Just have fun!

    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete