I've Moved!

Now you can find me at kungpowhausfrau.com.
Come and visit me there for the newest posts!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I like it the way it is. (Mostly.)

DINK.

Double-Income, No Kids.

Have you ever fantasized what it would be like to be one half of a DINK? I could, but I always feel uncomfortable about it because, you know, the kids are non-existent and now I feel like a good mom because even in the chaos I would still choose my completely rambunctious children over sunning myself on the beach in Maui without having to watch three kids like a hawk so they don't drown themselves in the ocean.

I often close my eyes and remember the time roughly between mid-college and our firstborn, when I could go anywhere and do what I wanted without it being a mental and physical challenge. I also lived in the Midwest, where all the main attractions were pretty much located on the same stretch of road and it took me no longer than 8 minutes to get to any of them. What The Husband and I lacked in money, we made up for in freedom. What, it's 4 a.m. but we are both inexplicably awake? Go to the diner for milkshakes or muffins, then head over to wander the aisles of Wal-mart. How romantic!

Actually, that does kind of sound romantic. It beats staying home on Friday nights and trying to outfart each other. Marriage is funny that way.

2 comments:

  1. The road not traveled is always better in our imagination :-) Our romantic dream date (that has yet to happen) is a ride on the metro to a never-departed-from stop, wander around a bit, and find a different way home. But without kids. Because what I described costs about $0.80. With kids it would cost $35.40 for the first taxi home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that does definitely sound nice. There's nothing better than just simply relaxing with the one you love.

    ReplyDelete