I've Moved!

Now you can find me at kungpowhausfrau.com.
Come and visit me there for the newest posts!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Five Minutes on Bread

I would love to start baking bread.

I buy store-brand whole wheat bread. There's a ton of ingredients that I can't grow or buy from a farmer on it. Fail Bread.

I've tried to bake loaves of bread before but I generally fail. Rolls and pizza crusts are easy, but for the life of me I haven't been able to make good sandwich bread. It's always too moist and crumbly. It doesn't hold up to slicing.

Of course, I don't have any time to make bread. Or, rather, I have lots of time to make bread, but it's hard to make bread while holding and/or nursing a baby. And I have a potty-learner who always seems to need to use the bathroom when it is most inconvenient for me. So no baking bread for a while. Sad.

I almost bought a loaf of Dave's Killer Bread at the store this week. But it was nearly $5, and I can buy FOUR loaves of our usual bread for that. And I know I can make it for a fraction of that.

I Want Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment