I've Moved!

Now you can find me at kungpowhausfrau.com.
Come and visit me there for the newest posts!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Check Out My New Wheels!

I scored a sweet deal at the children's consignment sale I attended last week: a used double jogging stroller. Not that I'm using it. Oh, no, goodness. I break a sweat just thinking about it. The Husband is now using it to give me a half-hour of solitude every other day, which I use to cook in peace. Or peas, depending on what's for dinner.

Going for a jog!

The first evening they all went out for a jog was a cloudy one. It was a bit chilly, so we bundled the kids up really well before they went out. Thirty minutes passed. I was rocking out in the kitchen when I saw him jog back up to the front door, completely drenched. I was so focused on chopping veggies that I hadn't even noticed it'd been pouring! I went out to see if he needed help, and when I opened the front door I saw two very wet and pathetic looking children looking up at me with sad, rosy-cheeked faces.

So now we know to check the radar before heading out in questionable weather. And that the sun canopy makes a woefully deficient rain canopy.

Although I probably won't be taking that thing for a jog any time soon (unless there is chocolate involved somewhere along the line), I am looking forward to using it for regular walking type excursions. We haven't been able to much of that since The Husband sheared off one of the wheels on our last stroller while backing the car in the garage. By the way, I admire his ability to back the car into the garage. I can't back up vehicles to save my life, but he's been backing that thing in for almost a year and he's only ruined one stroller and one side mirror!

My roses are starting to bloom again.

Rose

Unfortunately, my big rose bush came down with Black Spot and I had to remove over half of the leaves. I don't know if I will be removing any more because I'm afraid it will die for lack of foliage. I've been really good at finding old spotty leaves on the ground, though, and I want to re-mulch the area this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment